Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Brief Note

I watched an episode of Scrubs today. Well, let's face it - I watched about five episodes today. By the way, they're still funny, but they're just not as good when you're watching them by yourself.

But something struck me from that episode. I've heard it dozens of times before, but hearing it this time really hit me. Dr. Kelso said, "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."

It's made me introspective about my current situation. There are a few people who really know what's going on in my life right now - most don't. But suffice it to say, life is not easy for me right now. In fact, it's incredibly hard. I don't say that to get sympathy. I say that because I recognize that what I want is worth having, and I shouldn't be surprised that it hasn't been handed to me on a silver platter. That's not the way life is.

No comments: