Friday, September 4, 2009

Let Me Live in Such a Way

I gave my wife a blessing tonight. She gets bad migraines from time to time. I tell her she's fragile, and I need to be careful with her sometimes. But she was sick tonight, so I made dinner, did the dishes, and watched a whole disc of Gilmore Girls by myself (I know, it's like an addiction now). And at the end of the last episode, from the bedroom I heard her say something. I paused the show and asked her what she said.

"Can you give me a blessing?"

"...Yeah"

I stopped everything and dropped to my knees, as the question crossed my mind, "Am I worthy?" Thoughts flooded my mind as I pleaded with my Heavenly Father to tell me what to say, to help me know His will, to be worthy to do this. And as I sit here, trying to remember what I said in that blessing, I think He answered my heartfelt prayer.

But as my wife lays in bed, I am left alone with my thoughts - am I living so that I can always be ready whenever He calls on me to serve His children? Please, let me live my life in such a way.

3 comments:

Nae said...

Thank you for this post, Adam. :) I sure love you guys!

Marianne said...

You are a good man, Adam. Your wife is lucky to have you to take such good care of her.

torri said...

Adam you are a great example, I loved this post!