Thursday, February 17, 2011

I've Done Things

When I think about it, I’ve done some cool things in my life. I’ve been to New York, Paris, and London, lived in another country, and studied abroad (so technically I’ve lived in two other countries). I’ve seen both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans. I’ve been to theme parks and ridden roller coasters. I’ve met people from dozens of countries, spoken to people in more than one language, and eaten cuisine from all over the world. I’ve been a waiter, a courier, a clothing salesman, and a paperboy. I’ve driven a forklift and a big box truck, made take and bake pizzas, and stocked food for a buffet. I’ve bought my own car (without a co-signer), purchased a piano (electric – not a baby grand yet), and rented my own apartment. I’ve built a frame and stretched a canvas on it, painted my living room, redid my back patio, and put in a surround sound system. I’ve barbecued on a charcoal grill (trust me, that’s a big one for me), baked a cheesecake, and made roses out of jelly candy. And I earned a college degree, found a salaried, full-time job, and married the love of my life.

Sometimes life may not seem too spectacular. But it is. Life is wonderful, and I’m happy to be living it.

2 comments:

Nae said...

Thanks for helping with that perspective. Sometimes I get so caught up in day-to-day that I don't see past the end of my nose. But now that I think of it...I've done things too. :)

Marianne said...

That's a great post, Adam. You have done a lot of amazing things, and kudos to you for remembering and recognizing that they are bessings in your life!

It's a good reminder and I needed it!