Friday, August 5, 2011

Letter to My Girl

Dear baby girl,

I feel kinda silly right now. I’m sitting at work, and trying to find a song that conveys my feelings about you. And I’m crying. That’s right – I’m crying, because as I listen to these songs, I know that someday you’re going to grow up and leave, and it breaks my heart. I haven’t even met you yet, and I’m already sad to see you go.

I don’t want to give you away to some young punk. I don’t want you to grow up and move away, to not need me anymore. You’re my little girl, and I love you more than you know. I am beginning to understand the love parents have for their children. I can’t wait to meet you, baby girl.

Love,
Daddy

2 comments:

torri said...

What a lucky little girl!

Nae said...

Amen to that, Brother. I've had the same thoughts.
- Rich

It gets even more powerful when they're there in your arms...I cry a lot. :)
- Janae