Thursday, February 14, 2008

I swear to drunk, I'm not God.

Yeah, so...don't turn left out of the drop off on the east side of the Wilkinson Center. You might get pulled over. How do I know? Well, I did it, and got pulled over. Interesting experience, as I had no idea why it was happening.

Anyway, so the cop takes my license and registration and asks if I know why I was pulled over. I of course tell him no - he informs me that I made an illegal left turn out of the Wilk parking lot, and asks also for my BYU ID, even though I'd informed him I was no longer a student (still don't know why he wanted it).

So he takes forEVER to get it done, and finally comes back and asks if I have any Provo tickets I haven't taken care of. I say no, and he tells me I have a warrant out for my arrest!!!

Of course at this point I start freaking out and asking why. I mean, what the heck?! So after a few seconds of this and him grilling me, he says, "Oh, but it's not April," and winks at my girlfriend (who is in the passenger seat) while handing back my license, ID and registration.

"Oh, that's harsh. That's just rough." We all start laughing. But he said he did that since he wasn't going to give me the $50 fine. You got me, Mr. Police Officer, sir. I swear, I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hey, Adam. This is Kathryn H. I was blog surfing (on a Friday night - lame, I know) and stumbled across your blog. Guess what? I totally saw you get pulled over! It was an interesting experience because I was simultaneously delighted to have a chance sighting of my old fhe brother, and filled with pity at your plight, and quite amused, all at the same time. It's a miracle I didn't drive into that little stream off the side of the road! Anyhow, I'm glad to know that it didn't end in a ticket!