Sunday, October 3, 2010

Follow-up to Soup

I've been thinking more, and I think I may have come off just a little too harsh in my last post. This isn't to say that I disagree with anything I said. I still think there are people who need to be woken up about their lives and the control they have in them. But there are probably also other people who don't find room for the hand of God.

Sometimes, things DO "happen for a reason." We know that sometimes, God prevents certain things from happening to us - He may protect us without us even knowing. But other times, He may deliberately choose to allow something to happen instead of preventing it. And depending on how we choose to act in relation to what happens, those events can put us on a completely different path than the one we were headed down. This of course doesn't take away our agency, though.

My friend Kim added to my thoughts on her blog, and said it much better than I did. I also loved the talks in General Conference this weekend about agency. There were no less than four. You'll be able to read them on lds.org by Thursday.

No comments: