Monday, April 9, 2018

Random: Collar Hack

I am required to wear business casual attire to work. Typically, that means a collared, button-down shirt and slacks (though sometimes it's a polo). I like to look nice, so of course I wear clean, ironed shirts, but the collars always bugged me. I don't like button-down collars, but I also don't like my collar spread across my shoulders like I'm John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.


So I learned a trick from a friend, about how to get a buttoned-down collar look, without having a button-down collar. Here it is:


This is a stainless steel collar stay, paired with a very small neodymium magnet. I bought a big pack of these collar stays online for a few bucks, and some magnets from Michaels (or Hobby Lobby, can't remember). The trick is to swap out your collar stays for these, and use a magnet inside your shirt to "pin" your collar to your shirt where you want it. That way, my collar always stays where I want it to. Enjoy!


No comments: