Monday, June 22, 2020

Art Table & Paint Organization

What are you doing in quarantine? Well, with reduced work hours I have had some additional time to work on house projects. Here are a couple I knocked out in less than a day each.

My wife is an artist. Which means she has a whole lot of art supplies, especially paint brushes and paints. Drawing from her Pinterest boards for ideas, I decided to make her a caddy to easily hold her paint brushes when she is painting on her art table (which my dad made when we first got married from plans I found). It usually sits at an angle, so I built it to work with that in mind (slot at the bottom to fit snugly over the lip of the table, water jar set perpendicular to the ground when her table is at her preferred angle).






The other art organization project I did was to help Kristen organize her paints. She has a ton of bottles of acrylic paint, and was storing them in bags on our wire shelves. Again receiving some inspiration via Pinterest, I created a couple simple shelves in an afternoon.

I took some of those craft boards I used for my drawer divider project, and glued and tacked them into place with some 1-inch nails, then filled the holes, lightly sanded, and spray painted them. Then I screwed them into some studs, and voila! Paint storage. She's very pleased by all this. :)