Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Update On My Life

So…I met this cute girl. :) 

Okay, so that was just an attention-grabber. But really, what is it with us human beings and being obsessed with each other’s love lives? I don’t get it either. 

Now seriously, I’ve been having a pretty good time lately. I AM still sleeping on the floor in my new apartment, because I don’t have a mattress yet (although I do have a bed which is completely put together in my room). Oh well. Baby steps, right? And no internet access at home, with just limited access at work - this is being posted from my Blackberry actually. 

Saturday night was the closing night of one of my shows, and I had some of the cast of Beauty and the Beast come watch. Then they invited me to come to ice cream with them afterwards. It was way fun, even if I did sit next to Tyler instead of Mary or Deba…grr Tyler! :) 

And Mary has been trying to get me to go into film. She loves it, and keeps encouraging me to get into it too. So I went with her to Salt Lake on Monday for a small class she’s been taking on film auditions. It’s taught by Jeff Johnson, a guy who is one of the primary casting directors in Utah. For those of you who love High School Musical 1-3, he was one of the casting directors for those films. In fact, I met one of the cheerleaders from it, who's also in the class (she’s also in 2 and 3 – her name’s Bayli Baker). 

It was a cool class, and it was good to get some pointers on auditioning for film. I’ve never done a film audition, but I’d like to. We all did one-liners in front of the camera, and when we were watching them at the end of class, Jeff said mine was really good, then asked, “Do you have an agent?” I said no. He said, “Why not??!” That made me feel really good. I think Mary was as excited for me as I was (or moreso). She told Jeff that I was just starting in film, and that we would get all that stuff taken care of. 

 And P.S. Can I just give a shout out to Mary? She’s totally cool. She’s my age (which is different – I’m usually hanging around people who are a bit younger than me, or some who are a little older), she works in the temple, she’s been in a couple seminary movies and at least one regular movie, she’s beautiful (she was Miss Springville/Mapleton 2007 and competed in Miss Utah last year), and she’s studying anthropology at BYU and wants to do a field study in Africa. Just totally awesome. She’d probably be embarrassed by all that, but I don’t think she reads this blog. Haha. :D

2 comments:

Matthew Christensen said...

Wow... Um... Yeah.
I believe the first line of your post corresponds with the final paragraph. Just a hunch ;)

And, keep an eye on Mont... He's movin' in on your crush. I know, I know... He's Mont, but he can be a very effective woman thief in the short term.

Ernest Pratt said...

Anthropology - NICE! I always wanted to be an Anthropologist... See my article:
http://erniepratt.blogspot.com/2008/08/passions.html