Sunday, January 10, 2016

Workbench - Revisited

I've always wanted a work bench, and I found some plans online for one. Made entirely out of 2x4's and one sheet of plywood - not bad, huh? If you're interested in the plans, you can find them here

The only regret I have making this is that I had not yet purchased my DeWalt drills yet. Those would have made everything go SO much faster / smoother. I also probably wouldn't have broken two drill bits.

Tabletop and bottom shelf, plus the rest of the cut pieces 
Frame assembled
Added the tabletop and bottom shelf plywood pieces
Took me an extra week before I got around to adding the top shelf
Since building the workbench, it's gotten a lot of love. I've also made a couple modifications. Take a look and let me know what you think.

I found some routers at a garage sale, and built a folding router table for one of them.
I have some legs that go underneath the table when it is pulled out.

I looked for a paper towel holder, but couldn't find one I liked for cheap,
so I made this one out of some scrap wood and a dowel I had lying around

Similar to the router above, I bought this bench grinder and needed a place to put it, so I attached this side table with hinges, with some legs for underneath it when in use. Also visible: my swiveling bench vise. Out of the way yet still accessible.


3 comments:

Taylor said...

Awesome! Maybe Dillon will have to make one for himself too. Oh and sorry about the other comment...I forgot I was signed in as mom to update Lucas' blog!

Adam B said...

Thanks! It was pretty simple to make - just a little time-consuming. There are tons of free plans out there. This was nice because it left very little wasted wood (and the materials were fairly inexpensive).

Nae said...

You are cool. Also, Richard reminds me often that he does not yet have a DeWalt drill. Those things are wonderful.