Friday, November 16, 2012

Operation Gratitude: New Ward, New Friends

We loved being in the primary in our old ward, but aside from the primary presidency and the kids, we didn't have any real friends in that ward. It was in a wealthier area, which meant that most of the adults were older (i.e. nowhere near our age), and we just didn't really make any friends.

We moved to our new house (see my last post) in July of last year, and our ward has a lot of people in similar situations to us. Kristen has especially made some new friends through her calling in young women. And there's also a guy in the ward who is in the MBA program with me, and he and I "talk shop" when we get together. Kristen and his wife have also gone to MBASA events together. I think it's just easier to relate to other people who are in a similar situation to you, who have similar experiences. It's why I immediately bond with other motorcycle riders. :)

Anyway, I'm grateful for good friends and a good ward.

No comments: