Monday, November 5, 2012

Operation Gratitude: Scarlett

I love being a dad. It could very well be one of the coolest things ever. I love having this tiny person wandering around the house, making messes wherever she goes. I love when she comes up to me with a book and sits in my lap so I will read to her. I love when she cuddles up on my chest after her bottle, right before bed. I love how she kicks her right leg when we carry her very messy self from the high chair to the bath. I love how she still grabs one foot and holds it up to her face (like a blanket) when she drinks her bottle.

Every day she's growing bigger, getting more curious about the world, imitating more of what we do and say. She's growing up, and it's happened so fast. Where did the last 14 months go? I must really be getting old to say this, but it truly seems like yesterday that she was so small I worried I would break her by holding her the wrong way (little did I know how tough babies really are). She keeps outgrowing clothes and shoes, and we say to each other, "Can you believe she used to fit into this?"

She is our sweetheart, our princess, our little squeaker (she'll probably think Squeaker is her name before she learns it's actually Scarlett). We both love her so much, and I am so grateful she came into our lives when she did. She was a miracle for our little family, and is just so much fun. I can't wait to see her grow into a young woman (and yet, I can certainly wait - I also want her to stay a baby forever). I am so grateful that Heavenly Father blessed our home with our sweet Miss Scarlett.



1 comment:

Marianne said...

What a sweet post, Adam. It's clear you were meant to be a father to sweet little girls! I love that last photo of her cuddling with you. Very, very tender.