Sunday, November 4, 2012

Operation Gratitude: School

I've tried this in the past, and didn't get very far. Last year I was going to do it but didn't get any posts done. Stuff came up, like a baby and graduate school applications. But I borrowed this from my friend Jamie (can I say we're friends, Jamie?). Either way, I borrowed the idea. I have so many blessings in my life, and "in nothing doth man offend God...save those who confess not his hand in all things."

Number one on my list: school. Kristen says I'm weird, because I've always loved going to school. I love learning new things, sitting in class listening to lectures (usually), studying and taking tests (seriously - it's weird). Now I'm back at BYU after being gone for almost five years, and I love it. I don't like continuously searching for a summer internship, interviewing with tons of companies, and not knowing what the future holds. I wish I had that sorted out, so I could focus on school, but alas. Not yet.

My official MBA photo
Being in the MBA program is so different than anything I've ever experienced. I really feel like part of a community - I know my professors and they know me by name (mostly). We are with the same 40 people each day for class, so I feel like I've made a ton of new friends. More than I've ever made at school before. I'm excited for their successes, and they for mine. 

And even though I said I don't like the whole interviewing process, I feel more confident about it than I ever did in the past. I look back and wonder how I ever got a job in the first place back in the day, with the state my resume was in, as well as my interviewing "technique." This program has helped me to improve the way I present myself like nothing I ever could have done before.

There are so many awesome things I could say about my schooling experience - I'm just grateful to be back in school, taking on this new adventure in my life.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I'm excited to read your Operation Gratitude posts! Congrats on going back to school--glad you are enjoying it so well. Keep up the good work!! :-)